Commercial Property Debt & Equity Services
BlueMount can provide commercial debt & equity services for the property sector and has assembled an experienced team to do this.
In addition to providing the normal first mortgage funding from banks and non-banks, we are now able to provide in suitable circumstances equity financing for projects.
BlueMount are currently establishing the Joseph Banks Property Fund, a specific property fund to invest the equity component for property developments,
BlueMount can also bring specific equity investors for projects.
The key members of the team include:
Dominic Lambrinos, (previously CEO of Chifley Securities, one of Australia’s largest commercial property lenders, lending around $2 billion pa)
Stephen Albin, CEO of Urbanised. Stephen has decades of experience advising businesses and government being the CEO of the Urban Development Institute of Australia NSW, a Director of the Banking and Property Group at Macquarie Bank Ltd, Deputy CEO of TTF Australia and a National Manager at the Property Council of Australia. He has a Masters of Public Policy from Australian National University and a Bachelor of Administration (Economics) from Griffith University. Stephen is a Councilor of UDIA NSW.
Urbanised/Stephen has a wealth of knowledge in the risks, rules, regulation and policies governing property development. He has used that knowledge to advise numerous clients to deliver improved yields and better
- In a project in North West Sydney, there were real cash flow issues with lengthy delays in approvals. A regulatory analysis identified approval pathways that were available and the client saved millions in interest charges and received a valuation uplift of in excess of $100 million.
- In a project in the release areas in the north of Melbourne, there were approval blockages relating to infrastructure funding and provision. Alternative financing mechanisms were identified and innovative ways to roll out development delivery which led to 250 hectares of land being zoned for urban growth.
- In a development south of Sydney, unserviced rural land was master-planned but could not secure approvals because of an uncertain servicing pathway. With clarity in servicing and new planning pathways, the matter was won in the Land and Environment Court which enabled the financier to exit the transaction with uplift.
- Arranging the first mortgage finance
- Arranging equity for the project if required
- Zoning, rezoning and development strategy
- Procurement of a professional team
- Implementing marketing and presale strategy
- Instructing Valuers and Quantity Surveyors
- Preparation of expert reports
For more information please contact Ross McDowall, Head of Debt Services.